Teas for better health – Include these teas in your diet if you suffer from metabolism, sleep issues and more  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Tea is one of the most widely consumed beverages around the world
- Tea is known for its many health benefits
- Know which tea should you consume if you suffer from a particular health problem
New Delhi: The human body can be affected by various diseases and disorders when a foreign pathogen enters it, or when the body systems are not able to perform their functions efficiently. This can result in a variety of symptoms which can include health conditions like pain, cough, cold, fever, or just disrupted sleep, poor digestion and metabolism, among others.
Proper diagnosis and treatment of such conditions are vital. However, various home remedies can also come in handy and help aid treatment, or even act as a treatment themselves. One home remedy that has been a part of many cultures around the world includes Tea. Teas are of hundreds of varieties and are consumed in different ways by people from various parts of the world. However, even with the diversity, everyone agrees that teas are a great mood-booster, are refreshing, and have many health benefits.
Which tea should you consume if you suffer from the following health problems
While all types of tea have their own set of benefits, some specific teas can help treat, or aid treatment for certain specific health conditions. These include –
- Green tea for slow metabolism – Green tea is known to have many health benefits, one of them being weight loss. Green tea is known to help boost metabolism, which refers to the rate at which your body burns the food you consume for energy. Green tea is rich in various antioxidants that boost metabolism, and thereby help in weight management.
- Chamomile tea for sleep troubles – For many people around the world, a healthy sleep routine is a major cause of concern. Especially after the pandemic began, people have experienced a lot of trouble falling asleep in time, and staying asleep for longer. Chamomile tea is a popular tea consumed to relax your body and mind and helps you sleep better.
- Elderflower tea for common cold – Common cold is caused by a common virus. Elderflower is known to help with inflammation of the sinuses and can help remove viruses such as those that cause flu, cold, and influenza.
- Lavender tea for stress – Lavender tea is known for its calming health benefits. Lavender tea can help relieve your stress levels and should be your go-to remedy if you are feeling extremely tired, fatigued, and stressed. It is also known to relax you and help you sleep.
- Peppermint tea for bloating – Bloating is very common if you have eaten something that does not suit your stomach, and even during menstruation. Peppermint tea can help relieve bloating. It also helps reduce the intensity of period cramps and therefore is a great remedy for that time of the month.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.